Act in a leadership capacity to support the sales, profitability, and operational goals for the store by guiding the hourly associates in the day-to-day procedures to best drive the store objectives.
- In conjunction with, or in the absence of management staff, guide the daily operations of the store and activities of hourly associates to accomplish excellent customer service and to maximize sales.
- Provide positive reinforcement to hourly associates to promote a high level of momentum and to achieve the optimal results and growth of the staff.
- Conducts one–on–one and/or small group training presentations for Sales Associates on product knowledge, store activities, job duties, and established policies and procedures.
- Perform or assist in the completion of all documentation associated with applicants and new hires.
- Assist management staff to display merchandise such as clothes, footwear and accessories in windows, showcases, and on the sales floor to attract attention and promote sales.
- Effectively utilize customer service, training, educational tools, and communication to develop staff in relation to division goals.
- Originate displays of merchandise or follow suggestions or schedules provided by the store management team.
- Assist with staffing and labor cost control standards and effectively maintain same.
- Attain proficiency with the point of sale system by acquiring system utilization skills. Ensure integrity is maintained through attention to policy and procedure.
- Completes any regular sales transactions involving cash, credit, checks, etc.
- Involved indirectly with ticketing of products as well as checking paperwork against items received.
- Assists in product flow from stockroom to sales floor on a fill in basis.
- Monitors and maintains sales floor fill – in process.
- Communicates the product levels and assortments with management.
- Communicates progress on assigned projects such as floor change outs, processing shipments, sales/markdown set-ups.
- Performs sales, customer service, merchandising within section, special order, cashiering, stock location, and related store up keeping support duties in order to maintain needed staff coverage and to lead by example.
- Directs the performance of store up keeping duties.
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Ensures the highest level of adidas service is given to each customer.
- Uses selling techniques such as add on sales and describing technical information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and position sales goals. Uses these techniques to train other employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and a point of sale system.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Also able to work overtime hours during peak sales periods which include, but are not limited to,
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Back-to-School.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 34 kg.
- Schedule flexibility is mandatory, as this position calls for evening, weekend, and holiday work.
- Must have or be pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three to six month’s retail experience is preferred.
Think this is the right fit for you? Please apply HERE
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE’S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE: THIS IS HOW WE WIN WHILE PLAYING FAIR.
COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.
ADIDAS CELEBRATES DIVERSITY, SUPPORTS INCLUSIVENESS AND ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION IN OUR WORKPLACE. WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HARASSMENT OR DISCRIMINATION TOWARD ANY OF OUR APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.